It's Thursday, crab cakes! Y'all know what that means: It's time for challengements. 💪 This week's tasks are less interesting that last week's -- no flaming hoops or anything new to speak of, and you'll mostly be doing stuff you'd already be doing anyway. Maybe it's a subtle call-back to Season 4's challenges? Sure, let's go with that. Anyway, here's what all you Free/Battle Pass players will be up to this week:
- Search 7 chests in Junk Junction [Free | 5 Battle Stars]
- Use 3 rift portals [Free | 5 Battle Stars]
- Eliminate 3 opponents in a single match [Free | 5 Battle Stars]
- Deal 300 damage to players with a clinger, stink bomb, or grenade [Battle Pass | 5 Battle Stars]
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on 5 different holes [Battle Pass | 5 Battle Stars]
- Follow the treasure map found in Snobby Shores [Battle Pass | 10 Battle Stars]
- Eliminate 3 opponents in Shifty Shafts [Battle Pass | 10 Battle Stars]
Dealing 300 damage with thrown weapons will probably be the biggest time sink, unless of course your grenade skills are as good as your golf skills. A port-a-fort is basically a giant golf hole, right? Why do we feel dirty after typing out "golf hole?" Anyway, if you can manage to loot one of the requisite thrown weapons and then make it to Junk Junction or Shifty Shafts early in the match, getting the kills you need shouldn't be impossible. Let's all agree to a cease fire on the golf course though, alright? Golf is a civilized game for civilized people -- that's why we wear plaid, which is the most civilized pattern, and get drunk on $12 Coronas from the snack cart lady, the most civilized of snack selling ladies.
As per usual, there is a hidden tier that reveals itself once you've completed this week's challenges, which we've highlighted the location of on one of our many maps below, also as per usual. Happy hunting, snugglebuns!